Let’s be honest: we’re all in a bit of a funk right now. So I thought it might be time to dig up an old bit of kitchen witchin’ to make some pick-me-up food for whatever energy you need.
I originally posted this on my strictly-cooking-only blog – back when I was a bit nervous to tell the world about my beliefs etc, so if you feel like you’ve seen this recipe before, you might have done! I’ve done a few versions for you to bake, depending on the kind of energy you need right now.
I had a dream about some biscuits of a certain shape, then the next morning saw a picture of them, so I figured it was a sign to use the recipe from my dream in my spells.
This version is for wealth and abundance.
You will need:
- 2 cups of plain flour (plus extra for rolling the dough)
- 1 cup of butter
- ¾ cup of caster sugar
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- Lemon juice
- Runny honey
- 1 basil leaf (or dried)
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- An oven heated to 160 degrees C
- Greaseproof paper on a baking tray
1. Put 1 cup of the flour and all of the sugar into the mixing bowl
2. Add the butter, and beat with the wooden spoon until the mixture is flaky and there are no blobs of butter left (this’ll probably feel like it takes ages, but it will happen- try smushing the butter up against the side of the bowl to separate it)
3. Visualise your work beating the mixture as the hard work you have put into developing yourself and your career prospects
4. Add just the yolk of one egg, and beat this into the mixture, then add the whole other egg, mix together
5. Add a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg, a pinch of basil (if using dried), or if you’re using a leaf, tear it up so it is fine pieces, then squeeze in the lemon and 1 tsp of the honey
6. As you add these spices/herbs/extras, see them as the little extra help you will get from the universe to achieve your true potentials
7. Add the rest of the flour (another cup) and mix through, the mixture should form a fairly thick dough
8. This is where your energy work really comes in: pick up the dough, and on a floured surface, knead the mixture. Then use a rolling pin to flatten it out
9. Cut out the biscuits with a cookie cutter, or alternatively (like I did), use a cookie cutter to get the right amount of dough, shape it into a ball, and flatten it onto the paper with your fingers- I prefer this as it feels like a more organic way! But you do you ❤
10. Bake for 20 minutes at 160 degrees C
11. Cool and eat! You should feel the energy flowing through you after one of these – I sure did! Plus they’re delicious ❤
For self-love spells:
1 rose petal to replace the basil leaf, and lavender instead of the cinnamon
Keep the basil, and add rosemary and marjoram to replace the cinnamon and nutmeg
NB: feel free to use your own intuition to tweak these ! I am only using what feels right to me personally !